Chapter 3 of The Escher Cycle includes a description of how to improve any process.
The steps are:
- Define what you want the change to achieve (and what you want it to avoid)
- Identify alternative approaches of achieving that
- Get input from stakeholders and choose what looks best
- Test it out
- Decide whether to go ahead, cancel the idea, or run an adjusted trial
- Communicate what you have decided works best
- Roll-out and continuously improve
This is essentially the approach that Finland have just followed in getting to their rollout of a national basic income:
As a result they are the first country in the world to experiment basic income on a large scale.
You can read more about this here.